Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Monday afternoon (4th)

Laura went to visit her midwife this afternoon, so Frederik was off work early and we headed off in the afternoon to another town further than we have ventured since arriving here.  Since I'm not familiar with KM's, I don't know how far away, but maybe about 45 min- 1 hr.  Too bad I can't keep track of all the towns and the directions we travel, but honestly we can head out one direction and pretty soon "I'm" going a totally different direction.  Mostly I feel like I'm going in circles, so I just ride along & enjoy the scenery!  A map to post would help, but I hadn't thought of that before just now!

After the midwife visit- (and yes, everything looks fine, and all is good)  We drove around the countryside in that area.  It was a beautiful afternoon evening and I really loved all the views, so here they are.


 Alert--many photos ahead,  (smile)


 One of my favorites of the evening!








 This tour we found lots of water, a ship, some cows, sheep, goats, storks, & dikes along our country roads!  Oh, and pretty sure there's some windmills in there, new ones that is.


 Cattle guards!

 Here's the Storks!









 Along a dike

 Looking down from the dike














 The sheep & some goats
 Some happy cows!




And we were in the right place at the right time again to see this big ship!












 Everything is so green and lush.  There's been alot of rain, and that combined with melting snow from other places has contributed to alot of extra water.



 It's really been interesting to see all the different styles of the old windmills!

And I have to say that Holland has treated me to some great sky scenes!


Who wouldn't want to stop and check out this view?!






 




 This ferry goes across to bring passengers back to this dock

I just wanted to stand & look all evening, as this couple must have been doing!



 These are not all in order as we saw them, however I did try to group the same areas together.  And--Please excuse me if I post more than one of the same thing, or very similar photos as this gets a little mind boggling at times to keep things straight!
 









 Some of these views are on the opposite side of the city from where I took the others.

 Topping off our evening, we stopped at a Pancake house.  Very obviously a fun place to take your kids for birthday parties or such!


 The required food pictures...........  (smile!!)

 I've never had pancakes like this--very different, but they were quite good and filling.  Kind of like a baked skillet pancake.  Mine had bacon, pineapple & cheese in it.  You could choose from many topping/fillings.  (think personal pan pancake!)








 I can just imagine how fun it would be to bring my grandkids to this place.  (Maybe someday I can!)  :)

One last stop, and we visited a lovely elderly lady who lives in this town.  Frederik has known her all his life, and she was so delighted to have company.  I wish I would have taken a picture there!

And we arrive home to discover a new rose has bloomed in the front of the house garden!  Maybe that is a good omen!

Tomorrow would be a good day to have a baby, don't you think?  We can always hope!

Now while you're all getting ready for your fireworks tonight, we're heading to bed.
Happy 4th of July America! 






3 comments:

  1. So fun to ride along on these jaunts! Love all the pics and even the food ones. I do that too! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you & Laura & Fredrick, what a wonderful picture journal you are sharing. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying those water pictures, it's what I think of when I think of Holland. It's nice to see it isn't all water either. That arched bridge photo IS a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete