Friday, July 8, 2016

She's (finally!) here!


 


I know! This is the day that everything else for the last month has been leading up to.  The whole reason for making this trip (at least at this particular time!)  :)

My intuition was in good working order as when I went to bed Monday eve (7-5)  I well had a feeling Laura would go into labor that night and that's what happened!




 Here she is!!  Maylia  (pronounced May-lee-ah) at 12:56 a.m. July 6,  She's 19" long, and 6 lbs, very close to the same size that Laura was when she was born.  :)

Remember I told you about the Dutch tradition when babies are born?  Yes, even the hospital nurse brought us these!

It was a short night of sleeping, although a comfortable one with each of us having a bed  available right in Laura's room. 

 Love is sleeping with a brand new grandbaby cuddled in your arms  beside you!  I've loved that experience several times!



I tried to do some good bonding, some imprinting while I had the chance so she'll miss me & remember me.... LOL!




 She made eye contact and would turn to your voice !  Aren't baby's faces funny tho!

 Love is having a new granbaby!!  And #20 is just as special as #1 was! smile!

A brand new family!


All dressed and ready to go home.




.










 Heading out.  I thought these were a fun way to show some contrast between here and at "home"

 Home!



 

 Have I mentioned I'm in love?







 This is a first grandchild for Frederik's parents.  They have been anxiouslly awaiting a call, and were ready at a moments notice to take the train, a two hour trip for them to come meet Maylia!   They spent several hours with us on Wednesday before returning home.

 And here they're celebrating the dutch tradion way!


 Number 1 for Her, and Number 20 for me. I'd say we're both very much blessed!!




Aren't these gorgous!  A beautiful bouquet that F's parents brought.





We're going to finish up the evening with our first bath!






And now it's bedtime, that's the end of the first day!

(And I didn't post about a 100 more that I took.....You're welcome!  haha!)



5 comments:

  1. So very special, nothing like it!! New baby and instant love!! Congrats again to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of the three of them on the pillow. One thing about these days, is you can video chat and have a chance to see the changes as she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears of Joy! So happy for L and F!! What a precious little blessing!!! I just love her! And her momma too!!!!

    Jamie Myers

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so tiny and precious!!! Loved looking at the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete