Monday, July 4, 2016

The Weekend

And Time just keeps moving along!

On Friday (July 1)  afternoon I was upstairs doing some sewing when I heard the doorbell ring and soon Laura called me downstairs.
I was greeted by a friend I'd only met by facebook!  She came over from Germany a couple hours away to spend the afternoon and also had supper with us!  It was so fun to get to meet Rika in person!  We also walked to the garden, I love seeing how things change within just a couple of days.  New flowers blooming & the gardens are so lush & growing well!





 Walking to the gardens-- Laura's squash are doing good!




 Look at the beautiful big cabbage! Wish I could grow them like this!















W

 Wow, just look at all those raspberries! I want to grow those too!


 Laura's garden is small compared to alot of these, but it's doing so good--and look at those squash blooms too!

It sure was a nice surprise, and lovely to meet you finally Rika!  Glad you came to spend the day with us!

On Saturday we headed off to find the Market!  This was just a short way out of where they live, and reminded me very much of the "Swap meet" that we used to go to in AZ when I visited my sisters there long ago!  It was both inside and out, and venders of every sort imaginable.  Both new and old things,  clothes, tools, household, electronics, junk, antiques and hand crafted items....you name it it was there.  Except for a chalk board that we were looking for!  There has been none of those anywhere that we can find!

 This was the big inside building.  All around the top level were antiques and I took this looking down on part of the lower level.









It was pretty interesting, and really did bring back memories of AZ with my sisters!  We had actually (and a good thing) went to the outside venders first before we went to the large inside building.  A HUGE rainstorm hit while we were inside, and the outside venders scrambled to cover & move things.  I guess they are prepared for things like that, but it sure didn't look like much fun to have to scramble for cover!

Not a whole lot of adventures for these days, it's been very rainy & cloudy and Sunday we enjoyed a quiet day with a lovely long nap!  Sunday night we had a bible study here, and a visitor so it was fun to get acquainted with another person here.

I'll be back to start a new week soon!  Hopefully we'll have new baby news for this next week!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had visitors and are settling in to your time there. Hope your week is a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special surprise!! The photos are gorgeous!! ❤ you sistah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the garden photos. It's all so different, yet so many things are the same. I love those pinky/yellow hollyhocks.

    ReplyDelete