Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Lets take a walk this morning!

I thought it might be fun to keep track of the weather this way.  Screen shot's are so convenient!  (Remember, you can click on any of the photos to make them larger)












 The two days above are a good representation of what last week was like also.  It didn't rain every single day--nor did it rain all day when it did.  But enough that I was ready for sunshine and blue skies!  I have to admit, the view out our window regardless of the rain sure is pretty!









Ahh--This morning looks promising!  (and I do love my little spot of perfect! It's such a comfortable cheery room)


Good morning from my 3rd story view, it looks lovely out there.  I think it's a good day for a walk!

 First a peek out the kitchen door this morning, I do love that red door on the garage back there!

Now we'll head out on our walk if you'd like to join us! 


 Lets head down this lane.  Laura and Frederik live right on the edge of town, so we have a country view across the street.  This is just past the gardens to the (South?) of their house. Most of the time I have no idea what direction we're facing, as there's so many trees, and in town especially the roads do not run straight.  They go every which direction!
 A house tucked away in the trees off to our left,
 And one on our right.
 Laura headed off on this path leading past that house on the left.



 Wild Red raspberries!




 It's a bit of a mystery to me how, when I so love my wide open spaces & long distance views that I also love this look.  Now honestly I'm not sure I would really rather live tucked back in here, charming as it is, but it is such a totally lovely place to walk in and enjoy!  Really I think I would like both.  This could be my back yard & I'd have my front yard wide open space ;)
 I love garden gates.  They are so totally charming.  Just so you know now, I'll be stopping at quite a few of them to take pictures!
 The ivy and foliage grows everywhere!

 Here's another house all tucked in among the trees

 And we come out on a street.
 And another path.,  Some of these remind me of the "back alley's" that we used to have in town, only of course these are much more charming.


 And out again on the street.  Here's a school/daycare.
 No one can declare this city anything but beautiful!  Forget messy signs and sharp turns!
 I loved seeing all the different styles of homes, and everything from large to small lots.  I think I could live in this one! How delightful!
 Oh, and we have everything from front lawns to houses just a couple feet off the street (probably more common)
 I love how this house is built taking advantage of the corner!
 The majority of houses have gardens in the front (generally small yards) rather than grass.
 As we head down this path it's taking us past a view of a tucked away lake
 With a view of the back yards of these lucky home owners
 And blooming lily pads!
 Ohh!  Stop, look; there's chickens tucked away in this back yard!




 And lovely gardens tucked away also
 And charming garden gates!

 And fields with flowers growing wild on the other side of the path!


 Someone decorated their garbage can!
 Such a pretty row of tall trees!
 Some signs are pretty clear even if you don't understand the language!
 Most of the roofs are tile, black or red, but some are thatched.  This was such a pretty thatched roof we could see up close!
 The door in the wall....... :)


 As we were walking down this street I was taking pictures of charming houses & gates and an old gentleman on a bike rode up beside me, stopped & started talking to me.  Of course I couldn't understand a thing he said, and Laura had gotten a ways ahead.  I'm sure I looked rather questioning & tried to say I spoke only English.  He then pointed to my camera, and said "You take pictures of houses"  Obviously asking why.  Woops--maybe he thought I was invading their privacy?!  So I tried to explain that I was from the US, and I thought his country was beautiful.  Then I pointed to Laura and said she was my daughter, and I was visiting.  Ohhh, that got thru to him, he smiled, said enjoy and good day & rode off.  So Sharon, that maybe answers part of your earlier question about getting along not knowing the language!  LOL!


 And here we have a cow in someones side yard!  This also is on the edge of town.
 Have you noticed that most of the houses are A frame shape?  :)
 And charming red shutters.....
 And here's a new house going up with packages of brick all around!
 Quite a bit of grass and large yard at this home!
 And pretty flower boxes, also a common site on many buildings.
 Now we're around the lake again, and here's a fishing spot tucked away for you!  Thought of you, Sharon!

 How about this home?  It's for sale--quite charming, lots of yard, set back from the street.....
 We've made a big circle, there's the driveway to that house  I liked, tucked back away from the street!

 Another school
 I hadn't seen this before, Love that house number painted on the garage door!
 We'll take a short cut thru the back way home, past these apartments & lovely sitting area with a whole garden of lavender

 Theres a gate at the end of that walk way!
 And here's our side walk "Alley way" to take
 Cutting thru to Laura's street!
 here we are back at the yellow door.

 We'd love to have you stay for lunch with us-- BLT salads (mine has lettuce, spinach, Bacon, tomatoes, avacado, sunflower seeds & pine nuts on it.   Deliciously sweet yummy pineapple for dessert,.

Thanks for coming along today!  Until next time!

P.S.  If you came along with us, here's the stats.  We walked for just less than an hour.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I love little alley ways, houses and wide open spaces. I'm glad you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the walk and all the amazing places! I truly felt like I was tagging along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete