Monday, June 20, 2016

Starting week 3

It's hard to believe I've been gone from home for 2 weeks!
Our first week was pretty full with the flights & then sightseeing.  Last week was quieter, with most of my time spent at home with Laura.
The weather was mostly cloudy and rainy last week with spots of sunshine during the day. It's been in the 50's and 60's.  Obviously all the plants love it, as everything is so green.  I'm feeling a bit waterlogged......so it it could quit the cloudy & rainy & warm up a bit as far as I'm concerned....haha!

I've adapted pretty well to the 8 hour time difference here, after catching up on day 3 which seemed to be the worse, I probably wouldn't think about it so much except for the fact that I message with family at home, so that makes it rather an important issue!  My phone of course switches time to where I am currently, but my computer & kindle stay on home time.  So, while I'm waking up early (because it gets light crazy early here) about 4 a.m, then you all are just finishing up your evenings.  Now when I'm up and around by 7,  most of you are aready to bed.  I can always catch my husband when he gets home from work at midnight there tho--good timing for that :)

It hasn't gotten completely dark until 11 p.m., and since I've been tired by 9pm, it feels really crazy to go to bed in broad daylight.  Reminds me of the children's poem by a favorite author


Bed in Summer
by Robert Louis Stevenson
In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?




I want to play!Last week Laura and I went out shopping several days, she teased me that I liked shopping way more than her.  I really normally am not a fan of going shopping at home, but It's a bit different here when it's really all about exploring the area and seeing the differences in the shops, products and views.  

I was delighted at the difference in the 2nd hand shops we've been to, they were much larger, more organized, cleaner and lower priced than we have in our area at home! I may need all the extra luggage room for going home afterall! haha!

Next post coming up--I'll share some differences with you From my days here.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this compares to working nights & trying to get to sleep before the sun comes up! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you have extra room! I remember being aggravated as a kid having to go bed while it was still light.

    ReplyDelete