Friday, June 17, 2016

Tuesday June 14 thru- Friday June 17 Flowers, Gardens & more


Laura's auntie made a  darling baby quilt for Laura and sent it over with me.  I was quite excited  to give it to her, and I think she was quite pleased.  We spent several hours one afternoon going thru all her baby items she's accumulated so far and sorting them out.

 My view thru the window in my room--I have the nicest space up on 3rd floor!
 I love how the city maintains all the flowers in the front beside the streets!
 A pot of flowers in the back yard.  The weather here is so perfect for flowers of all kinds!
 I love how the raindrops were just sitting on the leaves!
 The gardens again--Several of these pumps are placed around the garden areas for watering.  Some of the spots also have rain barrels sitting in them to collect water too.  It's rained almost every day this week, so no need for extra watering!





 Lots of variety in these gardens!  Plenty of differnt vegetables, and lots of different flowers! Calla lillies!


 Laura and I were trying to figure out what these were! Looked like a pea? a bean?  bigger than both of what we're familiar with.  Google to the rescue later at home--they are "Fava"--or when I read further, BUTTER beans!

What the skies have looked like alot this week!

Laura and I had lunch downtown again--yes, I find different food fascinating.

 Look how beautifully the coffee is served!

Across the square was this beautiful old tree
Wednesday evening we went to a near by town for our Bible study and on the way home Frederik asked me if I had been to Germany yet?  Well, no I haven't!  "Would you like to go?"  Well....of course!  So we took a little detour and a couple miles came to the Germany border!  That was easy, now I can add that country to my (very short) list of places I've been. Haha!  I hope sometime I really can say "I've visited Germany", more than just accross the border, as there's several there I'd love to see!

 On Friday Laura and I ventured out again to look for a few things, and typical to this week at least, it rained on us on and off as we walked.  As we passed an icecream shop I suggested we have a treat, so we each chose our flavors, and then went outside to sit under a huge umbrella as it rained. 
 It's rare to see the streets this empty. There's always people walking and bicycles, but it started raining pretty hard & everyone disappeared inside until it let up a bit.
 We too escaped back inside the shop to wait it out, which wasn't very long.

Thanks for coming along!  Until later......


4 comments:

  1. Catching up on your posts! All so interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hear of butter beans in old books, I wonder how you eat them. I think I'll look it up. The photos are beautiful; it's nice to be "along for the ride."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am catching up with you this evening. Enjoy seeing beautiful pictures you are taking. Can't wait to see pictures of baby. Love Jane

    ReplyDelete